We each have our own character and personality. We have things about ourselves that we like and dislike. When I think of the things I dislike, I think, "Really, Lord, You had to make me like this??!!" Perhaps I'm the only one that thinks this way from time to time, but deep down inside, I'm doubting that! I've learned through life that there are things I cannot change; okay, well I don't want to...I'm not that into plastic surgery! : ) However, the things I dislike are most likely things I CAN change, they are more like habits, skills, some traits of character, and discipline. I have to realize that God made me just the way He wants me, but I can take the mind that He has given me to improve the outer traits of my life in order to live out His purpose in my life to the fullest. So this month I'm setting out to do just that!
I will spend my birthday month developing new habits and disciplines in my life that I feel I need and that would please my God. Each day I will write a bit about what I plan to accomplish or what I have accomplished. These things will include workouts, wake-up-times, changes in my home, expanding my business, training our children, spiritual growth....just practical things that can use a makeover. Do you have some things you'd like to change in your life?? Make this YOUR makeover month! Join me in "March Makeover!"
Some verses I'll claim for the month:
Phil. 4:13--I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Mark 10:27--Jesus looking unto them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God; with God all things are possible.
Col.3:23--And whatsoever ye do, do heartily as to the Lord, and not unto men.
Blessings,
Dawn Zeik
3 comments:
Have a wonderful birthday month and a very happy birthday, my sweet little cuz. I am also on a life makeover... getting things done inside my home and inside my heart. Thank you for the Bible verses. With God, for sure, all things are possible. Love you kiddo!!!! Cuz Pammy
WOW, Dawn... this could be MY post! I am doing the same thing this year!!! I am so excited to follow your blog and see how you are doing! My verse for this year is Psalm 101:2 "I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way... I will walk within my house with a perfect heart."
This pretty much covers all the things that the Lord has been working on me about... which seem to be all the things you listed! :) I'm excited to get to read about your journey!
I would love to be able to get together and chat one day soon... Lord knows! Love you lots and you have always been an inspiration and HUGE encouragement to me! I love you!!!
Great verse, Tia! I'll pray for you too! It's hard to change some of these things, I know! :) luv ya girl!
@Cuz'n Pammy-I love you 2!!
Post a Comment