As part of my professional makeover, I set out to take a guest to our women-helping-women Opportuni-TEA tomorrow and although I don't actually have a guest as of yet, I have taken the steps of inviting! I haven't worked much on my business lately but am setting some new goals for myself, and inviting is the first of many steps. I think one thing in life that is difficult to remember is that things don't happen overnight! It's all in the baby steps....one foot after another. Before you know it, you turn around and it seems as though you're leaping, giant steps!
My spiritual gem (I've decided to use the word gem rather than nugget..I like it better...I just love the bling!!)
BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!!!
Even though my week has been filled with company, an ill hubby, trips to and from school, tears, laughter, prayer, etc....I have to try my hardest to keep my heart quiet and my soul still. When I feel myself moving away from still (which happens daily!), I have to take a moment away from everyone and everything to quiet my heart, to hear my God, to still my soul. It's not easy; it takes some work quite often, yet it's so necessary. I had to do this today. I felt the walls crumbling in around me, but I knew my heart was taking my burdens as my own possessions again, and my soul was not still. These are not MY burdens to carry; they are my Father's. Breathe in, breathe out. "Lord, take this from me. Quiet my heart. Still my soul."
1 comment:
I really am enjoying your posts. I appreciate your transparency and the way in which you connect to your reader.
Keep writing, Dawn!
Post a Comment