March 1-I actually began this makeover endeavor the 1st day of March with only small steps, as I was not feeling well. I began re-arranging my boys' room (not cleaning, just moving furniture). Two of the boys share a room only because every time we give them their own room, they begin to beg each night to sleep in the same room on the floor. HA!! Each time I re-arrange their room though, they think it's the greatest move ever! Therefore, they try a little harder to keep it clean for awhile. Re-arranging first helps me with the cleaning second.
Another small step--begin to catch up ALL the laundry (this includes matching socks--aaaahhhh! Was that an audible scream??) With 5 kids, I don't feel "caught up" very often. My goal is to get caught up and STAY caught up by doing 1-2 loads DAILY, and more if needed. This may seem simple to many, somehow for me, not so much. But with time, it will be! My friend always said that laundry breeds when we're not looking! I don't think she was kidding!
March 2-I had some prior commitments for today and tomorrow, so again, my makeover moments were more brief than I had hoped for. However, even those commitments allow me to work on yet another goal--being on time, or better yet, early (not my strongest point)! BUT...I was early! Yes, I give myself a pat on the back, do my thing, and move on to straightening up the bedroom, throw in a load of laundry, and oooppss....2 min late to church. Okay, 1 out of 2 is a decent start.
March 3-Today was the cleaning part of the boys' room and the organizing. Now, if you know me at all, I'm NOT the world's best organizer. Yes, I CAN do it; I'm just not great at keeping it that way. Are you beginning to see a pattern in my reason for needing a makeover?? You guessed it, consistency! I, as a stay-at-home mom, can tend to get easily sidetracked and so I lack in the consistency area. I move from room to room putting things away and then finding something new that needs to be done in a different area. It's craziness! Can anyone relate??
Well, I did accomplish the organizing and cleaning of their bedroom (with a donation of toys), and another load of laundry. Tomorrow, I tackle their closet and my office.
Realizing that any outward makeover of home or person is nothing without the inward makeover of the heart, I want to share my reading nuggets for my spiritual makeover. This is something I believe we all need DAILY--a makeover of the heart.
Proverbs 1-3 WISDOM!!
Ch.1
1:7-"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge..."
1:22 "How long ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity?" --I am going to use this a little differenlty in application. Simple thinking-- I, sometimes, think simply. When I say that, I mean, that I spend too much time sometimes thinking of the simple needs and to-do's of my own self, my husband, and my family, that I don't take the time to think of the others outside our 4 walls that I need to be ministering to. My family is most important, don't get me wrong, but life goes by quickly and so do those that need love and need Christ. That's part of the "why" of my makeover...get organized, make new habits, have more time, have a better ministry!
The remainder of the chapter talks of those that turn from wisdom. One day we'll need it and won't be able to find it!
Ch.2
Words like "receive, hide, incline, apply, lift, seek, understand, find..." Basically, "soaking in" God's wisdom.
God says, IF YOU WILL.....THEN I WILL!!
v. 7 "He is a buckler to them that walk uprightly."
v. 10-11 "When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;
Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee."
Ch. 3
Every 2 months, my husband chooses a passage of scripture for our church and our family to memorize. I have to say our kids are much better at it than we!! This one stands out in my mind as one they learned quickly and can recite to you with just a briefing of 1 or 2 words. Not only that but our son just spoke on this passage during the Youth Service 2 weeks ago. I'm just going to highlight a few verses that just speak for themselves:
v.1 "forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments;"
v3."Let not mercy and truth forsake thee; bind them around thy neck, write them on the tables of thine heart." (Keep them SO close to you that they CANNOT be forsaken.)
v5-6 "Trust in the LORD....lean not on thine own understanding...in ALL thy ways acknowledge HIM....He SHALL direct thy paths."
v7 "be not wise in thine own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil"
v13 "happy is the man that findeth wisdom; and he that getteth understanding....
v15-"she (wisdom) is more precious than rubies"
We can ABSOLUTELY see the importance of seeking GOD'S WISDOM. I could go on and on. I love reading the proverbs, but as I said, so many of these verses really do speak for themselves. Take a look @ Proverbs...there are 31 chapters and 31 days in March...it's "a wisdom makeover!"
No comments:
Post a Comment