Friday, March 04, 2011

Day 4

I thought today was the day that I would meet a closet and an office head-on, however, there was some shopping to be done for our upcoming couples retreat and a girl just can't refuse a good shopping trip that doesn't involve her own money! So my girlfriend and I set out to SHOP...and we did! We purchased all the items on the list and had a blast doing it. What was really great for me, I wasn't in charge of this shopping day, it was all in the hands of Juli. I just said "yes, buy it!", "no, don't do it!" or "hey what about MY idea???" : )  It's so much fun to develop good, Godly friendships through life! 
The day started with my being on time...points for Dawn! We accomplished our goals, had a great dinner, and I settled in with the Word.
Today's nugget for me: Proverbs 4
Solomon is inviting/urging his children to heed his instruction.
~Seek wisdom and get understanding!~...A constant urging throughout Proverbs.
But verses 6, 18, 23 stand out to me today.
v6-(speaking of wisdom) "Forsake her not, she shall PRESERVE thee;
love her, she shall KEEP thee."
Wisdom will take you through life, through it's ups and downs,
through the challenges that we each face on a daily basis.
v18-"the path of the just is as a shining light,
that shineth more and more unto the perfect day."
The just or righteous path is a light that shines brighter and brighter all the time; it doesn't dim and fade away, but continues to walk uprightly and shine on.
Lastly, v23-"Keep thy heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life."
Everything that we do, we say, we face, is an "issue of life". Our hearts must be pure, must be diligent, and must be filled with God's wisdom and understanding in order
to face those issues.
My challenge to myself, and to you--be diligent!! In each task, in any aspect of my makeover, be diligent!

My buys of the week:
One of my organizing purchases this week...clearance for $4.50 @ Walmart...stackable laundry baskets! I purchased TEN!! I love 'em!
My "I love these-$2.99-Ross-these are so cute-until I get them home-purchase!"  Aren't they the little perfect salt and pepper shakers? (that's what I thought too!)

Can you see the size of those holes?? I don't really know of even one person that wants the entire shaker of salt poured out onto their food. But, my husband has a clever idea that just might work. We'll see the next time we go to shake the salt!
Blessings my friends!
Enjoy your makeover moments!
~dawn
(This weekend I get the chance to be with my brother and his wife and family as they begin their own makeover-they were handed a church building and a very small number of people to "re-start" a church in Moses Lake, WA...his first Sunday as a Pastor. I am so proud! I plan to get some "makeover" done before I go and hopefully can blog while I'm away, otherwise, I'll post on Sunday!)

2 comments:

Stefanie Brown said...

I love those stackables!!! I've had them around since Alex was little. They were perfect to put toys in for easy access.
I am ALL about organization!!! I makes life so much easier.

Dawn said...

Well, that's my BIGGEST makeover goal--organization!! It's a bit harder for me than some, but by time I'm done, I plan on having my entire home organized with ways to keep it that way!!