Over the course of the weekend, I have to say my heart was heavy. I don't know about you, but sometimes I just feel broken! I am facing things in my personal life that I know God wants to grow me through, and that God himself has allowed. However, I also know that I have caused some of the pain all by myself, without anyone's help! It's the choices we make over time that make you who you are, but you don't have to stay that way!....that's what God is teaching me. It's funny, though, I know He's tried teaching me this before, but I've had trouble changing. Looking at it all, I realize that I can't change everything overnight, but again, it's day by day, WITH GOD!! God put a few songs in my listening ear this weekend as tears streamed down my face..#1 (not a religious song, by any means!) Rascal Flatts-I'm Movin' On: of course this song talks about a relationship, (of which, I have NO desire to move on from) but I did listen to some of the words carefully and applied a portion of them this way--
I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons, finally content with a past I regret,
I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness, For once I'm at peace with myself,
I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long, I'm movin' on!
I'm movin' on, at last I can see, Life has been patiently waiting for me,
And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone.
There comes a time in everyone's life,
When all you can see are the years passing by,
And I have made up my mind, that those days are gone!
I'm movin' on!
Now let me say that I don't have an entire past that I regret, however, maybe a few habitual choices, mostly disorganization and timeliness. Those may seem like small things, and really they are, but over time, they can weigh you down and they will affect how you view things and how people view you. But don't stay there....move on! I don't want to just watch the years go by, I want to live them to the fullest and remember that I'm not alone, my heavenly Father, my Abba Father is with me, loving me with every good and 'not-so-good' in me!
I kept listening.
Lyrics | Casting Crowns lyrics - Voice Of Truth lyrics
Song #2-Voice of Truth I kept listening.
Lyrics | Casting Crowns lyrics - Voice Of Truth lyrics
My voice of truth is my God saying, "All things are possible" or "You CAN do this" or "I am with you" or "I have chosen YOU". Whatever it is you need to hear your God saying, Hear it! Listen for it! And don't take your eyes off of HIM! My favorite quote is by Selwyn Hughes, "Glance at things, but gaze at God." No matter the circumstances and things surrounding me, I will only glance at them! I will keep my eyes gazing at the One who matters most and loves me most!
No comments:
Post a Comment