Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Autism Awareness Month

We had a wonderful Easter weekend and Easter services at church. It was also our "Friend Day" at church and we had nearly 200 people in the services. It was a very uplifting day rejoicing in the Resurrection of our Lord! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend also! We also enjoyed all the candy and goodies for the kiddos too! Ü

Autism Awareness Month--
I have 2 good friends who have children with autism. One has twin boys both with autism and the other friend has a son who suffers from autism. I was sent this letter by one of them and wanted to post it on my blog for support for them both and the many parents and families who have to deal with this every day! "Children of Destiny", an organization put together by two parents of an autistic child, are announcing a Prayer Thrust for April-Autism Awareness Month. Please go to the site listed and check it out. Please join myself and others in praying for these children and their families. www.childrenofdestiny.org/turning_the_tide.asp.
I love you Denell and Suzette! You have my prayers!! Ü

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a special education Para (I think you know that) but I worked one on one with an autistic boy last year. Amazing experience, my heart goes out to parents dealing with this disorder. God's strength is a source daily needed. I speak from experience both as an educator and as a mother of a son who has a disease in the same spectrum as autism. No words can describe :0) luv ya! R