"What joy??", you ask.
The JOY of being DONE!!!
After 5 children, who each potty trained at about 3 yrs. and 3 mos. (no, we didn't get better with time; we're not potty training EXPERTS, just potty trainers! Ü) Anyhow, it equals 16 YEARS of diapers--a conservative estimate of approximately $8000 in diapers...not to mention all the thousands of wipes we have gone through!........WOW....it's now a JOY!!!
I was always concerned that it was taking too long and they'd never get it. Then one day a friend said to me...As long as they get it before Kindergarten, it's fine!! Well, they did!! Our last one completely potty trained in January...2 whole years before kindergarten..haha!! Only a mother can imagine the excitement in my life. I went around at church flashing my poor child's spiderman undies to everyone! "Hey look"......"Did you see"....."Check it out"......flash..flash....
Let me tell ya, the day that I knew he got it, I was doin' the happy dance! No more diapers!!!WOOOO...HOOOOO!!!
Thursday, March 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY! Congrats! I can appreciate your joy and share it cuz we recently finished up as well! Although, with the daycare I'll still be changing plenty of diapers but I don't have to waste any more money on them! : )
I remember AHA....when Zachariah was potty trained~great feeling :0)
Post a Comment