Tuesday, March 04, 2008

And the stone was rolled away!

Wow...3 months later...and again just returning to blogging! So here's the update, hopefully not too boring, and then the reason behind the title.

The holidays--Thanksgiving started with Levi getting pnuemonia then 5 of the remaining 6 of us ending up with bronchitis. Oh the joys! Finally recovery sets in and we head for my parents for Christmas, only to arrive and watch them all battle bronchitis also (not from us, mind you!). However, we still enjoyed our visit. I have the most adorable niece and nephew! Ü I love watching the kids all play together and laugh.

On to January--just full of catching up, getting life organized---WAIT! DOES THAT ACTUALLY HAPPEN???? Ü---starting a new calendar with church activities and enjoying a couples retreat with our church friends. This year was not as many people but we had a great time! Sometimes less is best! On the way home, it began snowing and I don't think it stopped for the next 2 weeks. Our trampoline was nearly covered and the burms from plowing were more than 5 or 6 feet tall. We live in the country and one Sunday afternoon we couldn't get back down our road and to our house. We finally had to borrow boots from the neighbors (no, my black high heeled boots just would not have worked for this trip!), hats and even a pair of leg warmers..."flashback!!!"....and 4 of us tromped home at 9:30 pm and left 3 of them at the neighbors until we could get out the next day. The snow was incredible this year!!

Anyhow, then comes February--due to our couples retreat being so close to Valentine's Day, we cancelled our V-Day Banquet , which for us turned out to be a good call....here's where the title comes into play.

February 10 my hubby leaves for church at 5:30 a.m. as he does most every Sunday morning. When I arrive at 9, he informs me that he had fallen on the ice very hard that morning but is okay. As soon as church is over, my son comes to get me, "Mom, Dad needs you. Something is wrong." Well, when I saw him doubled over, I knew we had to do something. So off to the hospital we went. 6 hours later we're home--it's a kidney stone! It should pass in 2 or 3 days. On the 3rd day, we receive a call from a friend saying that with Jesus the stone was rolled away on the 3rd day, so this should be the day! haha!! Ü

Well, let's move on to 3 days ago--Saturday night--now THREE WEEKS LATER. After 3 pain meds, he is again doubled over, vomitting, and nearly fainting and still has not passed the stone. So another trip to the ER, back home 5 hours later, 1 hr and 45 min of sleep for me and off to church I go with kids in tow. After a crazy, yet peaceful morning at church, a stop at the grocery store, Panda Express, and a child dropoff, I arrive home. I walk in to see a small cup holding a small pebble like jagged stone.........And, yes, the STONE was ROLLED away!!!
OH HAPPY DAY!!!

No comments: