Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Busy but Blessed!

This past Sunday night we finished up a wonderful Revival meeting at our church! The spirit was very sweet, the attendance was very consistent and good and the music and messages were all excellent. I really felt God worked in my life and the lives of those in our church. During the week we had service Wed. thru Sunday, 7 p.m. each night, plus Sun. a.m., and I had my # "??" birthday during the past week, so needless to say we had a very busy week....busy but blessed! We also have recently welcomed a new Youth Pastor and his family to LBC. I think they'll be a great compliment to us and the ministry at Liberty.

Anyhow, Sunday evening came and we were BEAT!! We planned on watching a movie with the kids but it quickly became another busy late night, so we saved the movie until Monday eve. AUGUST RUSH...Have you seen it??? I loved it! I have to say it will be put into my favorites list! It did have a slow start and I do think the ending could have been a little more dramatic, however, I loved the movie! The kids all enjoyed it and even my husband commented at what a good movie it was. We were very pleased! Also we watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium...also an excellent movie! I love good family movies and good FAMILY TIME even when we're busy--the family is definitely the BLESSING part!! So, if you get a chance check out both of these and ENJOY!!

Lastly, I have to share a little more blessing about my lessons learned last week. You know really a lot was just through my own time with God, but also from the messages at church. I have been in...well, let's just call it what my husband does...."a funk" lately--just an odd mood and feeling somewhat overloaded and underjoyed. Ü Throughout the week, I would go back and forth between a good mood and not-so-good. I felt frustrated at things and situations that really I have no control over. However, the one thing I did have control over was the one thing I wasn't controlling....my mood! It was something I had to tell myself--only you can change the way you react to these situations. And then it came back to me, something I read last fall in our "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" Bible study and I LOVE IT!! I'm going to have it printed out for my wall in my office.....(currently it's on an index card on my bulletin board.)
"Glance at things but GAZE at GOD!!!" (by Selwyn Hughes)

When you think about it, things are temporary, circumstances are temporary, life here is temporary, but GOD...he's ETERNAL!! If we keep Him as our focus, as our center, and truly GAZE on Him, everything else pales in comparison. Now THAT MAKES ME BLESSED!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Magorium is such a great movie, we bought it and were not dissapointed. Kate and I have wanted to see August Rush but not been able to yet...
I am with you on the 'mood' thing~Brad just asked me tonight what was wrong? Nothing really, I guess, just distant from God and feeling it...Loved the saying! Kate and I have talked about painting scripture on our walls in pretty writing.
Thanks for the encouragement :0) hugs!